White-chocolate panna cotta with coffee syrup
You will need eight 150ml capacity dariole moulds for this recipe.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 x 180g pkt white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tbs boiling water
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 200ml freshly brewed strong espresso coffee
- 60g (1/4 cup) white sugar
- Place cream, chocolate, milk and caster sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Place the boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with gelatine and whisk with a fork to remove any lumps. Set aside for 3 minutes or until gelatine dissolves. Add gelatine to cream mixture and whisk to combine. Pour among eight 150ml capacity dariole moulds. Place on a baking tray. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 6 hours to set.
- Meanwhile, place the coffee and white sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- Dip moulds, 1 at a time, into hot water for 1-2 seconds, then turn onto serving plates. Drizzle with coffee syrup to serve.
Good Taste - November 2005, Page 78
Recipe by Michelle Noerianto