hocolate berry tiramisu cake
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/3 cups freshly brewed strong coffee, cooled
- 2/3 cup hazelnut-flavoured liqueur
- 500g packet Unibic Sponge Finger biscuits
- 250g frozen raspberries
- 250g frozen blueberries
- 100g dark chocolate, grated
- Line a 24cm (base) springform cake pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Stir in vanilla and sugar. Whip until thick. Add mascarpone and stir gently to combine.
- Combine coffee and liqueur in a shallow dish. Dip biscuits, 1 at time, into coffee mixture and use to line base of pan (cut to fit, if necessary). Top with a third of the mascarpone mixture, half the berries and a third of the chocolate. Repeat layers.
- Top chocolate with a final layer of soaked biscuits, remaining mascarpone mixture and remaining chocolate. Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow biscuits to soften and flavours to develop. Serve.
Super Food Ideas - May 2005, Page 36
Recipe by Alison Roberts