Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 litre vanilla bean ice-cream
- 1 cup freshly brewed strong espresso coffee
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Frangelico liqueur
- Place generous scoops of ice-cream into individual serving glasses. Serve together with individual shot glasses of coffee and Frangelico. When ready to eat, guests pour coffee and liqueur over ice-cream. Serve with biscotti.
Notes & tips
- We used Nice Cream Vanilla Bean Ice-cream, which is widely available from good delicatessens.
- Frangelico is a hazelnut-flavoured liqueur. You can replace it with Kahlua.
- Kids' Tip: Serve scoops of ice-cream with chocolate sauce and biscotti.
Notebook: - September 2005, Page 143
Recipe by Jane Hann