Mango, raspberry & passionfruit trifle
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 300g fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed in juice
- 2 tbs icing sugar, sifted
- 300g madeira cake, cut into 5cm squares 1cm thick
- 150ml sweet sherry
- 2 large mangoes, cheeks removed, flesh cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 x 1kg ctn Dairy Farmers Thick Custard
- 1 x 300ml ctn Dairy Farmers Thickened Cream
- 2 passionfruit, halved, pulp removed
- 120g fresh raspberries, extra, to serve
- Place the raspberries and icing sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Strain into a bowl through a fine sieve. Discard the seeds.
- Place the cake in the base of a serving bowl and drizzle with sherry. Spoon over the raspberry puree and top with half the mango. Pour the custard evenly over the mango.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Strain the passionfruit pulp into a bowl through a fine sieve. Discard seeds. Add passionfruit pulp to cream and gently fold until just combined. Spoon cream mixture over the custard. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Top with the remaining mango and extra raspberries to serve.
Good Taste - December 2005, Page 81