Lemon meringue puddings
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 300ml milk
- 150ml pure (thin) cream
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs, separated,
- plus 1 extra egg yolk
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 cups (140g) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 cup lemon curd (see related recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Place the milk, cream and grated rind in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to just below boiling point. Beat the yolks with 100g caster sugar until combined. Carefully stir the milk into the egg mixture, then stir in breadcrumbs. Divide among six 200ml-capacity pie dishes. Bake for 30 minutes until just set.
- Increase the oven to 170°C. Beat the eggwhites in a clean bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating as you go, until stiff peaks form. Spread puddings with the lemon curd, then top with the meringue, making small peaks all over. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until meringue is tinged golden.
delicious. - August 2007, Page 104
Recipe by Valli Little