Berry meringue smash
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups frozen berries (such as raspberries or mixed berries)
- 150ml thickened cream
- 100g packet pavlova nests
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Place berries on a large plate lined with paper towel. Stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to partially thaw.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form. Using your fingers, gently crush pavlova nests. Add crushed pavlova and white chocolate to cream. Gently stir to combine.
- Transfer fruit to a bowl. Gently mash fruit with a fork. Add to cream mixture, stirring until just combined (do not overmix or mixture will turn pink).
- Spoon into four 3/4-cup capacity glasses. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Super Food Ideas - September 2005, Page 86
Recipe by Dixie Elliott