- 2 eggwhites
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour, sifted
- 50g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 2/3 cup (50g) fl aked almonds
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease the outside of 2 dariole moulds with a little oil. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine eggwhites and caster sugar in a bowl. Add the fl our and the cooled melted butter, and stir with a wooden spoon. Stir in nuts. Using 2 tablespoons of batter for each, spread two 12cm circles on the prepared tray. Bake the tuiles for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Working quickly, lift the tuiles off the tray using a palette knife and press over the outside of the greased dariole moulds to form dish shapes, then allow to cool on the mould for 30 seconds until hardened. Repeat twice more with the remaining batter.
delicious. - October 2006, Page 70
Recipe by Valli Little