Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Container: 9" springform pan, 2 small bowls, large mixer with bowl
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
|Cook Time: 1 hour|
|-||1 cup graham cracker crumbs (1 whole sleeve) - crushed|
|-||4 tablespoons unsalted butter - softened|
|-||2 lemons - zested, juiced|
|-||1 1/4 cups sugar|
|-||1/4 cup cornstarch|
|-||16 ounces cream cheese - regular|
|-||15 ounces ricotta cheese - regular or low-fat|
|-||4 eggs - large size|
|-||2 cups half-n-half|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla|
|-|| 1 lemon - for zesting|
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Wrap outside of springform pan with foil so batter won't leak out.
- In small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with butter.
- Press mixture firmly into bottom of springform pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
- Reset oven to 325°.
- In small bowl, zest the 2 lemons. Cut both in half and juice into bowl with zest.
- In another small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese with ricotta until smooth, about 3 minutes, on medium speed.
- Add in sugar mixture.
- Reduce speed to low, add eggs, half-n-half, vanilla, and lemon zest and juice. Blend, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. It will be a thin mixture.
- Pour batter over cooled crust.
- Place in 325° oven for 1 hour, making sure center is set. (It will not brown on top).
- Shut off oven and keep cheesecake in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack in pan for 2 hours.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. Can be chilled overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove foil and side of pan. Place on serving platter. Garnish with thin lemon slices.