Banana Cloud Pie
Ingredients for Crust
1 1/2 cups King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread crumbs*
1/2 cup ground macadamia nuts, divided
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/4 cup margarine, melted
Ingredients for Filling
3 cups sliced bananas (about 3 bananas)
Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 (3/4 oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 cups cubed King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, crust removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Preparation for Crust
1. *Prepare bread crumbs by placing bread into food processor bowl fit with steel blade attachment (use "pulse" setting until desired crumb size is reached.) Or, use blender to crumb bread. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Mix crumbs, 1/3 cup nuts, sugar and margarine until blended. Reserve remaining nuts for garnish.
3. Press crust evenly into bottom and sides of 8- or 9-inch pie plate.
4. Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until brown and crisp.
Preparation for Filling
1. Slice bananas; toss with lemon juice to prevent browning; set aside.
2. Mix milk and sour cream in bowl.
3. Whisk in pudding; allow 5 minutes to thicken and set.
4. Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
5. Fold cream cheese into pudding mixture followed by bread then banana slices; mix well. Pour into crust.
6. Garnish top with nuts.
7. Chill at least 3 hours. Serve.
Makes 8 servings.