Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Container: 9" springform pan, saucepan, small bowl
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
|Serving Description: 1/12 slice|
- In food processor, place broken crackers and butter. Process until finely ground and combined.
- Press half of crumb mixture on bottom of springform pan. Reserve rest of crumbs.
- Refrigerate crust until set, at least 1 hour or put in freezer.
- Heat 3/4 cup milk in saucepan to a simmer.
- Whisk together egg yolks, flour, 1/4 cup milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in small bowl.
- When milk simmers, slowly whisk into yolk mixture.
- Return all to saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking continuously until thick and glossy, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add in all but 1/4 cup chips. Whisk until all chips are melted.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly on surface.
- Refrigerate until cold and set (at least 1 hour or up to 2 days).
- With electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt together until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium, add chilled chocolate mixture. Combine thoroughly.
- Pour 1/4 mixture over cracker crust.
- Spread evenly over crust and sprinkle 1/3 of crumbs over filling along with 1/2 of reserved chips.
- Repeat the layers two more times. Top layer is cracker crumbs.
- Garnish with white chocolate chips desired.
- Refrigerate until set, at least one hour. Remove sides of pan and serve. You can wrap the cheesecake in plastic and store it in the refrigerator up to 3 days.