Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Container: 9 inch springform pan, medium mixing bowl, small sauce pan
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
|Serving Description: 1 slice|
|-||20 Oreo cookies|
|-||3 tablespoons butter or margarine - melted|
|-||1 ounce (8 squares) semisweet baker's chocolate squares|
|-||2 quarts cookies and cream ice cream - or any kind you like|
|-||16 ounces non dairy whipped topping|
| ||colored or chocolate sprinkles - if desired|
- Place cookies in a mixing bowl and crush with a potato masher or the bottom of a heavy glass.
- Pour melted butter or margarine over the cookies and toss with a fork to combine.
- Press cookie mixture into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Allow the first quart of ice cream to thaw for 5-10 minutes or until it is soft enough to spread.
- When ready, spread over the cookie mixture in the pan.
- Place the pan back in the freezer.
- Melt 8 squares of chocolate over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- When melted, quickly pour it over the frozen ice cream in the pan. Spread it out evenly.
- Place back into the freezer for one hour.
- Allow the second quart of ice cream to thaw for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the ice cream over the chocolate layer and place back into the freezer for two hours.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and run a knife around the inside edge of the springform pan and release the sides.
- Place the cake on a serving platter.
- Spread the non-dairy whipped topping over the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle with colored or chocolate sprinkles if desired.
- Serve immediately or place the cake back into the freezer.
- If freezing the cake, allow the non-dairy whipped topping to freeze, approximately one hour, then cover the entire cake with plastic wrap and place back into the freezer until ready to serve.
- Remove the cake from the freezer at least 10 minutes before serving so that it is easier to cut.