Chocolate Ice Cream Roll RecipeThis nifty ice cream dessert recipe is just the ticket when you want to serve a dish that is both distinctive in its taste as well as in its appearance.
|Container: jelly roll pan, parchment or wax paper|
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
|Cook Time: 15 minutes|
|-||3/4 cup flour|
|-||1/4 cup cocoa powder|
|-||2 teaspoons baking powder|
|-||1 pinch salt|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1/4 cup water - cold|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla - may also use mint or almond|
|-||1 1/2 quarts ice cream - softened, any flavor|
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease a 15x10 jelly roll pan and line it with either parchment or wax paper.
- Grease and flour the paper.
- Lay out a tea towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, gradually add sugar, continue to beat. Stir in water.
- Gradually add dry ingredients while continuing to stir. Add vanilla.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched.
- Loosen the cake and turn out onto the prepared towel. Carefully peel off the paper.
- Roll the cake and the towel up together, starting with the narrow end.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Unroll and spread 1 quart of slightly softened ice cream. Roll back up.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and freeze.
- Serve with heated chocolate sauce.