Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Container: 13x9 baking dish, electric mixing and mixing bowl
|Serving Description: 1 piece|
|-||1 package chocolate cake mix|
|-||1 pint chocolate ice cream with caramel cups of other favorite chocolate ice cream|
|-||2 cups chocolate caramel swirl chips|
|-||1 container of chocolate frosting|
|-||1/2 container of cream cheese frosting|
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, and ice cream with an electric mixer for approximately 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in chocolate chips.
- Pour cake batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Check the center of the cake with a toothpick for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 hours, then frost.
- Frost the cake completely with chocolate frosting. Then spread two 1 inch strips of cream cheese frosting horizontally down the length of the cake. Draw a knife through the top of the frostings to create a swirl effect.