Classic Carrot Cake Recipe
|Container: 9x13 baking pan|
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
|Cook Time: 45 minutes|
|Serving Description: 1 piece|
| || CARROT CAKE: |
|-||2 1/4 cups all purpose flour|
|-||2 cups sugar|
|-||2 teaspoons soda|
|-||1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|-||1/2 teaspoon nutmeg|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||2 cups shredded carrots - approximately 4 medium carrots|
|-||1 1/2 cups oil|
| || FROSTING: |
|-||3 cups powdered sugar|
|-||2 tablespoons butter or margarine - softened|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||8 ounces cream cheese - softened|
|-||1 tablespoon milk or cream|
Directions CARROT CAKE:
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl, blend all ingredients together at a low speed.
- When combined, beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, blend all ingredients together on high speed until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.