KANOM PUI FAI
(Fluffy Cup-shaped Desserts)
1 cup wheat flour,
2 duck eggs,
1 1/2 cup lime juice,
1 cup sugar,
1 teaspoon vanilla essence,
5 tablespoons water,
2-3 food colourings (or more),
small cups (TA-LAI Cups) and small paper vessels,
the same size as TA-LAI Cups
1. Gradually add a little sugar into the beating eggs, the eggs will be fluffy.
2. Add a little of flour into the eggs and stir through until well done.
3. Mix the vanilla essence, lime juice and water together and add a little of it into the eggs, mix well.
4. Add the processing in (2.) and (3.) alternately. until no more flour.
5. Separate the flour (depend on the quantity or food colourings).
6. Drop a little of the colourings into each of flour, mix well. You'll get the pale colour flour.
7. Drop the flour into the small paper vessels (which place into the TA-LAI cups) fully. Place in the top layer SUENG (2 layer steam-pot)
8. Put the water 3/4 of bottom layer SUENG and Heat, wait till the water is boiled Place the top layer SUENG on the bottom layer SUENG and cover. Steam for about 15 minutes. The desserts will be fluffy.